This page should contain resources that will help you with your design, layout, materials selection, etc. A PDF of stamps and bookcloths is available here. Enjoy!
2017 CATALOG (PDF)
2017 Catalog - Heirloom Catalog 2017
2016 Catalog - Heirloom Catalog 2016
We have sample layouts and InDesign templates available for both CS5+ (.indd files) and CS4 and earlier (IDML files). Everything is available in a Dropbox folder here.
IN-HOUSE STAMPS (AVAILABLE FOR USE)
(PDF is here)
6in Lavender Laurel 090
4in Lavender Crest 080
1.5in Lavender Twig 070
6in Olive Laurel 030
4in Olive Crest 031
2in Olive Twig 042
4in Dogwood 020
4in Lily 050
4in Rose 060
CUSTOM CREST LETTERING
(up to 3 initials)
|4in Lavender Crest 080
(shown with "HB")
|4in Olive Crest 031
(shown with "J")
CUSTOM CALLIGRAPHY OR TEXT
(please inquire for more samples)
Download the PDF here.
NOTE: If you have an older set of swatches, please confirm fabric availability. The fabrics below represent our currently offered fabrics but we are happy to honor any orders made from existing swatches that are not shown below. You can download a PDF of our older fabrics for clients here.
|White Linen 270||Light Linen 022||
Natural Linen 021
|Camel Linen 310||French Blue Linen 080||
Dark Linen 040
|Black Linen 100||Brown Linen 090||Oatmeal Linen 033
Current bindery turnaround times are as follows (updated Feb 2017):
- Albums: 8 weeks or less
- Boxes: 6 weeks or less
- Prints: 1 week or less
- In-stock: 1 week or less
Care and Maintenance
Heirloom albums are a collection of giclée prints on acid-free, 100% cotton rag papers that have been hand-bound using archival materials and techniques that will last for generations. These albums are durable, but like all fine things, require careful handling. Following the guidelines will help you preserve your heirloom for generations:
– Use gloves or make sure hands are clean before handling your album.
– Take care when handling album around liquids or food.
– Store album away from temperature extremes and high humidity.
– Use a slipcase or box to protect and store your album when not in use.
For studio sample that are handled frequently, we recommend Scotchgard spray to waterproof and stain-proof your covers. Please test your spray on a swatch card of the same fabric before spraying your book!
PRESENTATION BOX CARE
Heirloom boxes are constructed from durable, 100% acid-free materials and are hand-bound using techniques that will last for generations. Your presentation box is durable, but like all fine things, requires careful handling. Following the guidelines below will help you preserve your heirloom for generations:
– Make sure hands are clean before handling your box and prints, and take care when handling around liquids or food.
– Store your box and prints away from temperature extremes and high humidity. – Store your box upright and do not stack heavy materials (books, etc.) on top.
FINE ART PRINTS
All of our Heirloom prints are hand-printed on acid-free, 100% cotton rag papers using a giclée process with inks with a lightfastness rating of over 100 years. Your prints are made to last, but require careful handling. Following the guidelines below will help you preserve your heirloom for generations:
– Make sure hands are clean before handling your prints, and take care when handling around liquids or food.
– Frame your prints using acid-free mounting board and other archival materials. Mount under UV-filtered glass away from direct sunlight.
– Any unframed prints should be stored away from direct sunlight and from temperature extremes and high humidity.
Heirloom's Styling Boards are designed to be lightweight and transportable, and care should be taken not to sit, stand, or bend them unnecessarily. While these boards are oversized so that any damage to corners, etc. will not affect your ability to shoot with them, please do be careful!
The fabric that covers each board is bookcloth, in many cases the same cloth we use to cover our books. For heavy use, we highly recommend the use of Scotchgard spray to waterproof and stain-proof each board.
We support our products 100% – if you ever have an issue with an Heirloom Album, Presentation Box, or Fine Art Print, please reach out to us directly via our website. Enjoy!
All of our albums celebrate the large format print experience and our fine art album with hand sewn signatures has changed the traditional wedding album expectations. Essentially, every page of the album is a fine art print in itself and should be designed as such. All of our books boast heavy weighted archival cotton prints with vellum interleaving, so that each turn of the page is a unveiling of a beautiful mystery. More time is spent looking at and turning every page as viewers absorb each image.
Here are some tips to help you in your design process:
Curate your images, select only the best.
Intersperse images of details, location and ambiance within a chronological flow.
Open, gallery style pages with large white borders focus the viewer on a singular image.
Showcase the individuality of each bride and groom on every cover.
Add your custom logo, crest or artwork.
COTTON RAG ALBUMS
- Vellum interleaving is mandatory on all pages.
- Pages must be either full-bleed or have whitespace of at least 1″ to allow for visual balance after trimming.
- Page count must be in 8-page increments, and begin with a right-hand page and end with a left-hand page. For example, a 40-page album will have one right-hand page, 19 spreads, and one left-hand page.
FINE ART PRESS ALBUMS
- Vellum interleaving is optional (no cost difference either way).
- If ordering a signature-sewn binding, page count must be in 8-page increments.
For more details on the order process, please see the layout or proofing sections of our ‘Submitting Orders‘ page.
If you need any images for your own website or marketing materials, feel free to borrow from our site or from our Instagram feed. If you need higher res images of anything, please inquire. We also have a folder of images prepared for promotional use you can find here.